When: Monday July 27th at 5 pm
Where? On Zoom Register online at https://www.paccusa.org/upcomingevents
Bio for Speaker:
Loubna Qutami is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Asian American Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. Qutami is also the former Executive Director of the Arab Cultural and Community Center (ACCC) in San Francisco and a founder and former international General Coordinator of the Palestinian Youth Movement (PYM).
Specifically we are going to talk about:
1) What is normalization?
2) How does it manifest on the personal or individual level?
3) How does it manifest on the organizational level?
4) How does it manifest on the government level?
5) Why is normalization bad for Palestine? What does it disregard from the Palestinian experience?
6) What is the best way to engage in supporting Palestine without falling into something that could be normalization?
hat? How to Understand BDS Movement from an International Law Perspective
Speaker: Hiba Birat
Her Bio: A newly admitted lawyer, holds a Master's degree in International Law and Human Rights from Washington College of Law-American University
Time: Monday, July 13th at 5 pm