This class is provided at PACC through a partnership with Solunar Fitness.
Class time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 45 minutes: Vinyasa Flow: A combination of strength training, cardiovascular endurance training and flexibility training to train the body for optimal physical health
- 15 Minutes: Meditation: This meditation will introduce the mind to the concept of mindfulness and neutral thinking through the training of focus and concentration while allowing the mind to allow emotions and feelings to surface at hand.
- 15 minutes: Shavasana Final resting pose and Pranayama breathing training. Respiratory diseases kill more than 400,000 Americans each year making it the third leading cause of death in the United States. It is possible that the overactive stress responses in the body have caused respiratory diseases to reach an all-time high (Shraufnagel, American Thoracic Society, 2010). In addition, approximately 1/3 of Americans do not breath well enough to sustain normal health (Ruth, 2012). It would be extremely useful to add this component of breathing to the wellness yoga package.
Potential Benefits of 6 week Yoga intervention:
- Fat loss
- Developed skills set of exercise technique
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Increase in lean muscle
- Decreased cortisol
- Lean body mass
- Essential muscle strength
Meet the Instructor: Sara Elmiligi
500 hour Yoga Teacher Trainer
M.S in Exercise Science
She teaches a blend of Hatha, Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga. The sequence is a blend of cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance, and flexibility training. It is an open level class, so any level yoga practice you have is welcome. She has worked as a personal trainer in New Jersey and Dubai and continues to learn new exercise techniques that are in the fitness field to keep up to date. The approach to any yoga training is to start with the breath and let the body move accordingly. She also has experience in body composition analysis and performed many different body composition tests on Muslim Women at Kean University in 2015. Sara completed a Bachelors degree in Biology at Fairleigh Dickinson University in 2012 and a Masters program in Exercise Science at Kean University in 2015.
Long-term results are accomplished through personal maintenance. Through Solunar Fitness’ personal training program, you will practice proper exercise techniques to prevent injury, learn more about your subtle body’s needs, practice how to heal and energize your body with minimal effort through a combination of exercise, meditation techniques, breathing techniques, and other forms of nourishment.